Old 27-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Crape Myrtle: pruned vs untouched

Jay Casey wrote:
I noticed that Crape Myrtles in my neighborhood that were not pruned
flower earlier, more, and better than those that were pruned.

My next-door neighbor has crepe myrtles that are 30 ft tall and they
bloom like crazy all summer long.

Does pruning really help?

If done correctly, probably.

Does pruning have anything to do with flowering at all?
I am thinking about not touching them next year.

You can do very light prunning, mainly to help with the shape. Topping
off crepe myrtles is just wrong. Say no to crepe murder!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he