Old 27-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Sacha

Default what are your garden pet hates?

On 27/6/04 15:32, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:20:45 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Forsythia, bizzy lizzies, annual salvias, Calceolarias, 'cute' garden
ornaments, ditto the Chrysanths and EE glads, (though I have a fondness for
some Dahlias)

Oh yes if your mean 'Bishop of Llandaff' plus related varieties and
species such as Dahlia merckii, I'll go with that.

I like The Bishop and also some of the rather show offy cactus type Dahlias,
depending on colour. At present, we have Engelhardt's Matador blooming in
the garden and it's rather spectacular. VERY bright pinky purply blooms
with dark foliage - striking is a good word for that one!

Cupressus leylandii,

Urghh!

not mad about marigolds,

Me neither - hate them

monkey puzzle trees.

So we can't persuade you to buy a 5 footer we have growing in the
grounds of our training centre then?

You'll have to ask himself. ;-) Can you imagine digging that up and
transporting it! Recently, someone bought the very largest tree fern that
we didn't desperately want to sell but ----
It was near enough 15' tall and the chap who bought it brought one of those
small crane things to get it onto his truck.
Matt says to tell you we have that Chusquea if you still want it, BTW.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk