Old 27-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Vox Humana

Default Hooray!

"Bill R" wrote in message
Vox Humana wrote:
"limey" wrote in message

My Rose of Sharon started to bloom yesterday. That seems early to me.

Picked our very first tomatoes of the season this morning. That seems
early, too, but I'm not complaining.

I'm in Maryland, zone 7.

Dora

I noticed a few blooming here in Cincinnati today - zone 6. Mine have

buds,
but no color yet. The cicadas did a number on it some of the branches

have
broken. I'm afraid that the entire yard will be filled with grotesquely
disfigured shrubs by fall.

Vox,

I am in the same area you are and I was looking around the
neighborhood the other day and noticed that the female
Cicadas have done a lot of damage. Here is a picture from
my web site that shows the typical damage to a small shrub:
http://members.iglou.com/brosen/cp6n6.jpg
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Yep, that's what a lot of my branches look like too. For some reason I
thought you were up river in the Pittsburgh area.