Old 27-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Vox Humana

Default purple coneflowers?

"escapee" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:44:01 GMT, "Vox Humana"
opined:

The Japanese beetles have emerged here (Cincinnati) and are eating my
echinacea and calla lilies. I guess I will add them to list of pest to

pick
off. The cicadas are history except for the damage they left behind.

The
rains are gone and the slugs have disappeared. My brugmansia started to
bloom this week and I thought of you.

My brugmansia are all on their fourth set of blooms. I will take photo's

when
they open. This is their big bloom. Mine bloom all year in the

greenhouse. I
am so in love with them! Thanks for thinking of me.

I picked mine up at a sale in June of 2001. They were only about 6 inches
long. They didn't bloom that year until I brought them inside. They
bloomed around Thanksgiving and then I put them in the basement were they
went dormant. Last year they bloomed very late as the temperatures started
to drop at night. I didn't realize how much fertilizer they required, and
they got all chlorotic and lost their leaves until you told me what to do.
This year I am feeding them heavily and keeping them very moist. They look
better than ever and I am happy to see them bloom so early. I hope they
continue all summer. I don't know what varieties I have. One is white and
is very heavily perfumed. The other starts out the palest pink and turn a
salmon color. It doesn't have the intense fragrance that the white one has.