Old 27-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Janice

Default Spots on bark of elm tree and dogwood tree

I have a 5 year old elm tree and a 3 year old kornus cousa dogwood
tree. They both have almost moss like spots on the lower bark. They
are grey to white in color. They both haven't grown much. The
dogwood has wilting leaves with burnlike edges. It does not look like
the common dogwood disease. The dogwood only had about 10 flowers
this season. We don't have the best soil but I don't know what to
add. I also don't know if these spots are causing the problems on the
dogwood or if it is unrelated or not even a problem at all.

Any help would be appreciated.