Old 27-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Gwenhyffar Milgi

Default Sigh

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:11:17 +0100, Ivanna Humpalot
wrote:

Oranges, never heard of that one!!!!!!

See my post on "slug deterrent non lethal"

Well, it does work. I started using orange peel two or three weeks ago
in one part of my garden to see if it worked. In the veggie patch I
used commercially produced non-toxic slug deterrant.

Whereas before my herbs and strawberries were under constant attack by
slugs, they now feast on the pith of the oranges and leave the other
plants in that part of the garden alone.

They seem to prefer pith to plants.

--
"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends -- it gives a lovely light"