Old 28-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Just Molly

Default Lawn Problems

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi all,

I think I am looking for a bit of advice really .....

I had a lawn turfed approximately 18 months ago ... This was carried out
"proffessionally" with what I believe was a good quality turf supplied by

national supplier.

The problem is I am not happy with the condition of the lawn. It grows

very
slowly ( I could leave it 3 weeks before it needs a cut ) and then not all
of the lawn. It is patchy .... Yellow and a darker brown in places ...all

in
all, not the lawn I had hoped for....Or paid for ...!!!

Reading this group I see that many people have problems with their lawns
this year as a result of last year's hot summer. Those of you who have
problems are you having similar problems to that which I have described -

am sorry but descriptions are very hard to put across what I have - I do
believe you cannot post pictures to theis group.

I am almost ready to take the decision to pull up the turf and prepare the
soil and sow with a good quality seed. ( Late August ). or should I give

the
lawn as is more time.
The lawn is fed, mowed and watered to what I belive to be "text book

style".

I would be greatful for any comments or advice ....

Have you got dogs?
If the lawn has been down for 18 months I hardly think you can blame the
people who laid it.