Old 28-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Karen Mullen

Default observations in changes in the pond(s)

This year my lilies went crazy. One plant had 11 divisions and another had 9.
They weren't that big last year. One end of my pond is now covered with lily
pads and I had to rearrange the other plants as everyone was growing into each
other. The plants have gone crazy and the pond is way to clear, but... it is
so neat to watch the fish parade, largest to smallest swim by. I replaced the
2 koi lost to the kingfisher with 3 more and added another shubunkin and
discovered that last years koi must have mated with a gf as I have this monster
fish who's still brown come to dinner the other day. He is twice the size of
my largest gf but no whiskers.

We are now home to 4 green frogs and one of them has laid eggs in the golden
rush. How long do they take to hatch? Also have lots of toadlets and baby
fish swimming around. My son gave me low voltage lights for the pond and it
looks to serene at night with the lights on.

The relandscaping done last year and settling and the yard is starting to look
pretty good. The sunflowers and hosta are in bloom and the ornamental grasses
are beginning to tassle and I actually have grass this year instead of weeds!

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html