Old 28-06-2004, 05:10 AM
Diane Epps

Default What Weedkiller

"Pat" wrote in message
Anyone suggest good sprayable weedkiller for perennial weeds - mainly
vineweed ( at least I think its that ) which grows in borders - pulls
up easy but thin roots go down a long way ......... also thick rooted
dandelion type weeds that are hard to get at that go under walls of
house etc. Tried Weedol without much luck . Is * Roundup* any better?
Or is there something unbranded I could get better results with

Thanks for any help

I have had a problem with bindweed and have a nice new system which is
working well. I place a cane near the weed to give it something to grow up.
Then when I am ready I unwind it from the cane and poke it into a poly bag.
Once in I spray in side with roundup and then tie the bag at the top and
leave it in the flower bed. After a couple of weeks the bags can be picked
up and the bindweed is dead. I have found this the least labour intensive
way to deal with the problem and I am winning the battle.
Diane