Old 28-06-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Flooming Anyone?

it is complete and utter nonsense. the fine air bubbles put into the water by good
airstones lifts the entire water column from below, it blows toxic gases out while it
vastly increases oxygenation of the water. looks like somebody wasnt paying
attention in physics classes.
and, I might add, take a look at how many watts that water pump is sucking up and
produces a vastly inferior aeration.
Now if that pump is for the filter and that runs over rocks that break the stream up
and puts it out over a nice vast surface, that is economical aeration.
Yes, in winter I use my pump in one of my bucket filters to gently roll the surface
as well... but I have my air pump going all winter for aeration. And there are a lot
of people have had to learn the hard way that in cold climates proper aeration is
MORE important that pumps. The die offs dont occur in winter, it occurs in spring
when all the bacteria on the bottom start getting active and using up the oxygen
crunching up the settled organics at the same time the fish metabolism starts
increasing oxygen demand.
Giving it a new name doesnt make it any truer.
Ingrid

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Regarding aeration of water:
http://www.goldfishvet.com/faqs/floo...raeration.html