Old 28-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Victoria Clare

Default what are your garden pet hates?

"Just Molly" wrote in
news:Z51Dc.78$6r.32@newsfe2-win:

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what
garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what
garden features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a
garden and think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell
how naff, or My god are they *colour blind*!

I really don't dislike any gardening style as long as it's done with
commitment - and not in *my* garden.

Whether it's massed bedding or a deck or blue woodwork or dahlias or
whatever, I love to see gardening done wholeheartedly and with character.

I think my only pet hates are visibly half-done jobs - Hanging baskets
planted up, but not watered properly. Trees staked then left to strangle.
Weed killer'd areas all dead but not cleared.

If you are going to only do half the job, I always feel it looks so much
better if you don't even start!

(In my own garden, I hate pink, but I certainly don't wince when I see
someone else's borders full of it.)

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill