Old 28-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Douglas

Default If I leave the grass uncut...

"Jim" [email protected] wrote in message
I'm most grateful for everyone's constructive and occasionally cautionary

reply
- this is a lawn of modest size and I would guess very humble stock mixed

in
with a few patches of clover. I'll chance leaving it to itself for a

while....

thanks again

******
If you can afford to sally forth and sail around the world I would suggest
you can afford to forget the lawn and have it returfed when you come back,
you lucky ole thing!. (:^).
Don't stay too long in those marinas in Greece though, - especially the one
at the Athens Kalamaki marina near Piraeus. Everyone including the
Harbour-Master wants his whack before anything happens, not to mention the
three eager amateur stevedores who rush to put your mooring rope loop around
the bollard! There's good news though! .You'll never be short of a casual
Captain, there are plenty wandering the quays, all of whom skippered the
well-known Greek oil Magnate's luxury cruiser at some time or other. Even
our hired deckhand used to wait on and make tea for Maria Callas. (He said).
Enjoy your absence and let the grass do its own thing!.
Doug.