Old 28-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Victoria Clare

Default rebirth of pelargoniums

Rod wrote in
:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:55:53 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

To my amazement, two ivy-leaved pels 'Barbe Bleu' that I cruelly left
outside planted into the base of my big passiflora pots this winter
have started shooting from the roots!

I would guess that down there in a favoured spot, many Pelargoniums
would get through the recent mild winters we've been having. Perhaps
such a spot isn't easy for you find if you're facing North.

I'm quite high up too, so we tend to get weather blowing over from
Dartmoor, but those pots are in the lee of the greenhouse.

I may keep them another year - I wonder if they will toughen up with
repeated abuse ?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill