Old 28-06-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush and his religion?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:15:53 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

How do you account for so many denominations each having so large a
difference with fellow Christians that they can't abide belonging to the
same organization?

This is a true statement. I was walking the neighborhood for our bi-annual food
drive. I see a man on the block I don't know and walk up to him to hand him the
flyer with the info on it. He asks me what church this is with. I say, no
church, it's the city food drive for their food pantry. It's all legit. He
asks where we "fellowship." That must be a buzz word Christians use for what
church you attend. We say, we are Buddhist practitioners, our garden is the
church. He then has the audacity to say, and I quote, "So now you know the big
lie, would you like to know the truth?" Was that a question or an invitation, I
asked. His response was "You are lost and I can save you." I turned away and
continued walking.

So, the thing is, there are many Christians who are full of shit. This one in
particular was the pastor of his church. He never did give a can of food to our
drive. When he passes I wave and he turns the other way. Yeah, I'm the demon
who is a Buddhist practitioner. Oh well. In the name of Jesus.

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?