Old 28-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Vladimir

Default Nebary on fig -- how to?

Hello,

I train some 1 y.o. figs (ficus carica) grown from seeds. Those figs are
about 2-3 cm (about 1 inch) thick, during the year they were repotted twice
and cutted -- they grows very fast. I did nothing with roots.

Yesterday I tried to develop nebary: I removed the soil from first fig's
root and planned to place roots star-like, develope plain root system, etc.
However, I found 4 finger-thick roots growed horisontally for 3 cm and then
grows stright down. How to place such roots horisontally -- I can't imagine.
I placed the tree on a rock, but I don't delighted by result.

What shall I do? Gridle my trees or try to wire roots?

Thank you,
Vladimir.