Old 28-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Jean Staffen

Default ? about peach trees

Well, I'm sure glad I looked at this conversation. I had a peach tree in my
yard when I moved in 3 years ago. I've watered it, and fed it and every year
it would bloom right before the last freeze. As a result, no peaches. This
year, however, one of the branches was loaded with peaches. I came out one
morning and every peach -- even the ones on the ground around the tree --
were gone. I was furious that one of my neighbors had stolen them. But
there are coons out here, so maybe they got them. I can quit plotting
murder.

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
m...
Yes, my Redskin had lots of little red peaches and one day I went out
and they were all gone. I looked on the ground and found only one with a
bite out of it.

Hmnnn... squirrels or blue jays? Or both...

Raccons, I'll bet. I've had my plums wiped out the same way.