Old 28-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default Bush and his religion?

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:15:53 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

How do you account for so many denominations each having so large a
difference with fellow Christians that they can't abide belonging to the
same organization?

This is a true statement. I was walking the neighborhood for our

bi-annual food
drive. I see a man on the block I don't know and walk up to him to hand

him the
flyer with the info on it. He asks me what church this is with. I say, no
church, it's the city food drive for their food pantry. It's all legit.

He
asks where we "fellowship." That must be a buzz word Christians use for

what
church you attend. We say, we are Buddhist practitioners, our garden is

the
church. He then has the audacity to say, and I quote, "So now you know

the big
lie, would you like to know the truth?" Was that a question or an

invitation, I
asked. His response was "You are lost and I can save you." I turned away

and
continued walking.

A couple of years ago some Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door early on a
Saturday morning. The spokesperson of the group asked, "Do you have time to
be saved from eternal damnation?" I thought for a minute and replied, "No,
I'm too busy today. Maybe some other time." She looked stunned and in a
sarcastic tone she said "You're too busy to be saved." I replied, "Yes."
She left a Watch Tower and moved on to her next victim. Now when I see them
coming (they always come in groups of a couple women and a man. The women
always have huge purses.) I put our big male shar pei on the porch and close
the door. They have never dared open the gate on the porch. I guess saving
people from eternal damnation isn't worth the bother sometimes.