Old 28-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Vox Humana

Default purple coneflowers?

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:50:10 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

I picked mine up at a sale in June of 2001. They were only about 6

inches
long. They didn't bloom that year until I brought them inside. They
bloomed around Thanksgiving and then I put them in the basement were they
went dormant. Last year they bloomed very late as the temperatures

started
to drop at night. I didn't realize how much fertilizer they required, and
they got all chlorotic and lost their leaves until you told me what to

do.
This year I am feeding them heavily and keeping them very moist. They

look
better than ever and I am happy to see them bloom so early. I hope they
continue all summer. I don't know what varieties I have. One is white

and
is very heavily perfumed. The other starts out the palest pink and turn

salmon color. It doesn't have the intense fragrance that the white one

has.

Finally they have translated the book Englestrompeten into English. It is

the
only book in the world I know of which is dedicated to Brugmansia spp. In

it,
they have a fantastic section explaining how to identify what you have, or

see
somewhere. I bough the German edition years ago, now I own the English

edition.
It was well worth it. You can also visit this site:
http://www.americanbrugmansia-daturasociety.org/ for great photos.

Thanks. I will mark that page and see if I can figure out which brugmansias
I have.