Old 28-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Nebary on fig -- how to?

Beg to disagree, Richard. To take a 1" trunk and try to treat
it as a
cutting is not plausible in my book. Did you ever try it?
Marty

Seems that it is in Florida (even North Florida). I recently
took an F salicifolia workshop and we were directed to cut all
roots (and branches, as a matter of fact) off the trees to, in
effect, start over. They had 2-inch bases. It is sprouting
well (tho another one that I didn't cut _quite_ as much is badly
in need of a haircut). So we'll see.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++