Old 28-06-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Garden waste recycled as compost by local councils

We have already all paid for this in our garbage collection levy.
We also have already paid for what would otherwise have been the
labour cost of transporting it to, and manipulating it at an
incinerator or a landfill site.

We have garden waste bins now. They are provided by the council
(Oldham) and collected every fortnight. No idea what they do with it
but the idea was to separate it from the waste in the black bins. So..
we now have plastic bags for paper, green bins, black bins and a black
box for plastic and tins.
Diana