Old 28-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Paulo

Default The Feline Attack

SOunds very familiar to me! My cat (i love him, but sometimes....!!!!!)
In my case, teh cat seems to be more interested in playing with the chips of
bark than anyother thing.....I heard ( i never tried) orange peel! fresh
ones, and keep changing them...at least until the cat grows!
ALso, did you buy toys for your cat? They can get bored very easily and they
need something new once in a while.....!

--
Paulo
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
. net...
Okay, so I picked up a kitten that I found on the street while at a BBQ at

friend's house. The green eyed, black kitten just came up to me and

looked
up [sigh... do I give a new meaning to a "sucker born every minute" eh?] .
Got it to a vet first thing Sunday morning, then bought all the kitten
"chuckies" including a rhinestone collar g...[looks fantastic btw ].

Needless to say the kitten is as ungrateful as cats get, and decided to
befriend the BS Paph sukhakulii. I have no idea why the orchids when

there
is a fish tank full of very plump cichlids just winking at the cat.

I arrived home earlier today to the orchid laying on it's side on top of
it's pot, with some roots that were ripped off the plant. I immediately
cleaned out the roots to see the extent of the damage. I'd say 25% of the
root system is gone, some of the leaves have chewing marks on them.
I repotted the orchid immediately and I'm wondering what else I can do to
help the orchid survive such hostile friendship?

What can I do to discourage the cat from going after the plants?

Mariana
Who really dislikes cats, but this was just too cute ....