Old 28-06-2004, 11:08 PM
guppy

Default Dill?

I have to agree, I have 2 different kinds of dill growing as well, so I
think you are right about ir being coreopsis. No clue where i got the
seeds from, having moved from Southern Cal, to Northern Virginia and taking
my seeds with me. Maybe some got mixed up in the jumble of moving. Thanks
for the ID, it is too bad though, I thought it really added to the sauce I
used it in??? Is it known to be poisonous at all? I did not use a lot of
it but am wondering what would happen if I did. Not really brave enough
to risk it though.

"mm" wrote in message
Hi, I grow herbs to sell at a local farmers market. As others have said,
this isn't dill of any form.
However, it does look like Coreopsis tinctoria (plains coreopsis). You
might do a google search on this, or go to Park Seed's web site as they

sell
it, as compare.
Considering how fast my dill has been bolting lately, I think I'd rather
have this!
mel

"guppy" wrote in message
Am seeking information on What I thought I planted, Dill. It smells

like
dill(the foliage), but the flowers are single about 1 in. in diameter

and
yellow with a crimson center. Unlike any dill I have seen before.

Please
advise. Can post a picture if helpful. Would like to identify,

although
as
I have already used once in cooking (before flowers appeared) it does

not
seem to be harmful at least in small quantities???