Old 28-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Vinagar Herbacide?

writes:
About a month ago there was a thread here about using vinagar as a
herbacide.
I cought the thread late in the discussion and so did not read the source.

I've used vinegar on a limited basis, mostly on walkways for the weeds
growing through the cracks. It has worked very well. What I like best is
that it's completely non-toxic.

I'm using 20 percent which is "leavings" in the barrels I purchase in
which I plant potatoes (and one strawberry barrel with an herb barrel to
follow). The barrels are 50-gallon barrels used by a food processing
company which they sell for $5 each after they empty them. The vinegar
barrels are white; they also have soy sauce barrels which are a beautiful
blue but tough to carry in your car because they make you hungry with the
soy sauce smell . . . keep thinking of stopping for teriyaki!

Another thing vinegar is excellent for is to remove rust from tools, works
great!!!

Sources to purchase the stronger stuff? I've not yet found any. What we
buy in the grocery store is five percent. I felt fortunate to happen upon
the 10 percent.

Glenna