Old 29-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Vox Humana

Default Bush and his religion?

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:15:53 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

How do you account for so many denominations each having so large a
difference with fellow Christians that they can't abide belonging to

the
same organization?

This is a true statement. I was walking the neighborhood for our

bi-annual food
drive. I see a man on the block I don't know and walk up to him to

hand
him the
flyer with the info on it. He asks me what church this is with. I

say,
no
church, it's the city food drive for their food pantry. It's all

legit.
He
asks where we "fellowship." That must be a buzz word Christians use

for
what
church you attend. We say, we are Buddhist practitioners, our garden

is
the
church. He then has the audacity to say, and I quote, "So now you

know
the big
lie, would you like to know the truth?" Was that a question or an

invitation, I
asked. His response was "You are lost and I can save you." I turned

away
and
continued walking.

A couple of years ago some Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door early

on
Saturday morning. The spokesperson of the group asked, "Do you have

time
be saved from eternal damnation?" I thought for a minute and replied,

"No,
I'm too busy today. Maybe some other time." She looked stunned and in

sarcastic tone she said "You're too busy to be saved." I replied,

"Yes."
She left a Watch Tower and moved on to her next victim. Now when I see

them
coming (they always come in groups of a couple women and a man. The

women
always have huge purses.) I put our big male shar pei on the porch and

close
the door. They have never dared open the gate on the porch. I guess

saving
people from eternal damnation isn't worth the bother sometimes.

The Jehovah's Witnesses on my side of town are only interested in

Spanish
speaking converts. Whenever they rattle the gate, they always ask if any
Spanish speakers are in the house. I always respond, in Spanish, that no
Spanish speakers live here. They say thanks and go away. Works every

I don't know why they are so persistent. As I understand it, they believe
that only 400,000 people will make it to heaven. Surely all the spots are
filled already.