Old 29-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Keith Nuttle

Default Declaring war on spider mites

Small lizards and tree frogs work effectively and unobtrusively. We
have them stow away on plants when we brought them in in the winter and
they lived all winter.

Gaby Chaudry wrote:

Hi,

Anyone tell me how to effectively eliminate spider mites on house
plants (dracaena, aspidistra, etc)? I have tried spraying all leaf
surfaces with soapy water, tried a summer oil spray, and Raid--none of
these worked. Releasing predator bugs is not an option. Do I need to
use a systemic? It is the two-spotted spider mite.

I use to
a) put the plants into the bath tube and shower them
and then
b) cover them with a transparent plastic bag or foil for at least a week or
so
(this ensures that all mite generations are killed).

HTH

Best wishes
Gaby