Old 29-06-2004, 05:04 AM
AZKalEl

Default observations in changes in the pond(s)

This is the fourth year of the pond, and the plants have finally taken
over. Cattails blooming (if you call it that? Catting? IDK) like
crazy. Pennywort doing well, last year it seeded itself and is doing
it again this year, so it's all over the place. The lilies have so
many pads they are popping up on top of each other, and there are
always blooms out there as well. The big winner as usual are the
umbrella palms that started as one small cutting a friend gave me to
take over the entire pond, even popping up in the yard. That's OK
since the sun is so hot here, they offer good shade.
We also have tons of baby koi this year, I'm trying to catch them but
it isn't easy. I am thinking about attempting a DIY minnow trap, I'll
see how it goes. In the meantime they're filling up an aquarium
upstairs. Don't ask me why I'm keeping them I took them out of the
pond because I'm worried about overcrowding as they grow. Once they
get a little bigger I'll find another local ponder who needs
donations! This is the first year we've had so many babies. Must be
those bottles of champagne and candles I dropped in there in the
spring...