Old 29-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Kay

Default EG

In article , Janet Baraclough.
.. writes
The message
from Alan Gould contains these words:

In article , Janet Baraclough.
. writes

Was there an official explanation for the closure, Alan, or did it
just stop working?

The site was blocked by Lightmaker the software suppliers, who did not
respond to my request for an explanation. I can only assume that DDL the
site owners had decided not to continue funding it. It had been
operating at its usual recent level until then with all communities and
the chat-room well supported. The library/archive still holds a huge
amount of high quality gardening material including all urg FAQs and 4.5
years of gardening discussion in five distinct horticultural areas.

Well, the library-archive no longer exists.

Whoever arranged for all the urg FAQS to appear in EG's archive?
Obviously you could decide what happened to the ones you authored, but I
don't recall urg ever being consulted about the rest.

Did they appear with acknowledgement? A lot of stuff gets linked into -
look at all the gardens on the urgring for example.

As author of one of them, I wasn't consulted, so I wouldn't be happy if
it was just lifted, but if it's got my name and that of urg on it, I'm
not too worried.
--
Kay