Old 29-06-2004, 09:05 AM
nightjar

Default Two quick questions about featheredge fencing

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
Hello,

I am about to do some featheredge fencing, and have
two quick questions about (1) metposts and (2) arris
rail clips.

(1) Do I fit the post to the metpost, and then knock it
into the ground, or do I put the metpost in the ground
and then knock the post in?

If you want the fence to last, you thow the Metposts away, buy longer posts,
bore a post hole, put the post in and backfill with concrete. However, ISTR
seeing a driving tool for Metposts, which suggests you drive them in first.

(2) Do I fit the arris rail clips to the arris rail, and then
nail them to the posts, or do I fit the clips to the posts
and then nail to the arris rail?

Never seen arris rail clips. Mine are slotted into the posts.

Colin Bignell