Old 29-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Al Reynolds

Default Two quick questions about featheredge fencing

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert_my_surname_here wrote in message
. ..

If you want the fence to last, you thow the Metposts away, buy longer

posts,
bore a post hole, put the post in and backfill with concrete. However,

ISTR
seeing a driving tool for Metposts, which suggests you drive them in

first.

Thanks Colin,

The fence doesn't need to last more than three years,
but needs to be put up quickly, which is why I've gone
for the metposts. You're right about the driving tool
though - I suppose they wouldn't sell these if you
weren't supposed to drive the spike in first.

Also the fence is only three foot high and in a sheltered
spot. I wouldn't use metposts for any fence taller than
3 foot or exposed to any kind of winds.

Al