Old 29-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Jeannie

Default Dwarf french beans, easy?

wrote in message
Are dwarf french beans easy to grow. I have never grown them before.
They were easy to germinate and now some are in pots and others in
big raised beds. Any tips for a really good crop?
Thanks, Diana

I have never had much success with beans at all until now! I planted French
and Runner beans straight into the ground on my allotment and the majority
of the seeds were apparently picked off by mice.

I then got some plants from another allotment holder who had potted up too
many, they were a bit yellow and the bloke told me to plant them out and
water them with a solution of 2 tablespoons of Epsom (sp?) Salts disolved in
a watering can. Although I was sceptical about this remedy, I tried it and
the plants greened up almost overnight. They are storming away now and I
now use this remedy about once a week to keep them healthy.

HTH
Jeannie

---