Old 29-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
As a guy work by project basic in software development, I got a habit
to scan through all the available information, ... but ignore all the

rest
that is not relevant.

Same here, same here.

My English vocabulary are computer line oriented, I know very little
about English in other field. So I may use wrong words.

For what I know, nutrient availability are mainly affect by two
factor:
1. Lost by leaching, erosion(with soil), volatilization(nitrogen)...
2. Fixation/bind with other nitrient.

"Leaching" and "erosion" are not the words that I normally use (I
always need to look up my electronic dictionary for these type of
words). Seem like you are ahead of me in this area.

You can top dress the compost/fertilizer on the mulch, the nutrient
release will bring down to plant root by rain water in liquid
form. But somehow this will also encourage weed grow on top of your
landscape fabric.

I donot and will not use landscape fabric. I do adding new mulch on
top of old mulch to maintain the thickness of mulch.

This is something that I still cannot figure out how to solve -- I
mean I cannot solve it without a lot of effort.

Jay Chan

Jay, you're making this into too big a problem. As I mentioned before, get
the right tools and weeding can be a pleasure. You can do it with a beer in
one hand.