Old 29-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Hal

Default Rid-X in ponds?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:34:36 GMT, (Steve) wrote:

Recently I talked with several people who have started using Rid-X
septic tank treatment in their ponds to help digest the muck in the
bottom. They say it doesn't harm the fish or plants and is keeping
their ponds much cleaner.

Have any of you tried this? Is it really safe?

I'm a bit more cautious about what I put into my pond, however I've
used Pond-Zyme Plus by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals and others recommend
BZT and some Microbe-Lift these seem to be related products, maybe
even the same thing.

If you go here and look under products:
http://www.united-tech.com/
You can probably guess why I wonder. Note the bottom product is
"Jewelry Cleaner"???

Bottom line: I don't know how you could find the answer to your
question. All these companies seem reluctant to name the bacteria
and enzymes in their product.

Regards,

Hal