Old 29-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Gae Xavier

Default ? about peach trees

escapee wrote:
On 27 Jun 2004 20:51:47 -0700, (Gary Brady) opined:

Yes, my Redskin had lots of little red peaches and one day I went out
and they were all gone. I looked on the ground and found only one with a
bite out of it.

Hmnnn... squirrels or blue jays? Or both...

Raccons, I'll bet. I've had my plums wiped out the same way.

I don't mind the squirrels, but I sure do wish they'd eat the whole peach and
not take one small bite out of them and move on! My 'Dixieland' is full of
fruit and starting to get large now. What strange weather for this time of year.
I wonder if it has delayed the peaches. Either say, hot pepper spray seems to
deter total decimation of my peaches. I just wash them very well and don't use
too strong a pepper spray solution.

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Good to see you, Victoria! I went looking for your posts and couldn't
find a single one since December. I thought... How boring... no Victoria
posts!

But here you are!! And I do think we need to have a little chat with
those squirrels about their peach eating etiquette! if they cannot
finish their plate they cannot come to the tree. LOL!

Best to You! Gae Xavier (aka Gay)

http://www.stanberry.com/xavier