Old 30-06-2004, 12:02 AM
nswong

Default Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
As a guy work by project basic in software development, I got a

habit
to scan through all the available information, ... but ignore all

the rest
that is not relevant.

Same here, same here.

Are you also a software developer? In what type of environment? End
user or vendor? Application development or system programming?

"Leaching" and "erosion" are not the words that I normally use (I
always need to look up my electronic dictionary for these type of
words). Seem like you are ahead of me in this area.

Agriculture are the second best of my English vocabulary, but far from
computer. :-)

You can top dress the compost/fertilizer on the mulch, the

nutrient
release will bring down to plant root by rain water in liquid
form. But somehow this will also encourage weed grow on top of

your
landscape fabric.

I donot and will not use landscape fabric. I do adding new mulch

on
top of old mulch to maintain the thickness of mulch.

This is something that I still cannot figure out how to solve -- I
mean I cannot solve it without a lot of effort.

No single solution will fit all the problem. The way you choose will
depend on your plan in mind and your current situation.

If your garden are small, hand weeding may be the best route for you
as what Doug Kanter suggested.

I'm going to large scale but without heavy machinary after the initial
grading and soil buildup, so I choose mulch.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m