Old 30-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Sacha

Default Kumquats?

On 29/6/04 10:34, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Was it kumquats they found in the Italian Garden at Heligan? Whatever they
| were, hey had flourished for years and had climbed up almost to the top of
| some huge trees.

I think that they have a similar habit to most citrus, and aren't
climbers.

Well, it's at least 7 years since I was there. Could these have been Kiwi
fruits? I know I'm grabbing at memory here but it was something rather
exotic. The fact that the garden was so neglected for so long (though
nothing like the publicity suggests!) might have protected such plants with
overgrowth as shelter, perhaps?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk