Old 30-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Lar

Default Diazinon replacements...not!

On 25 Jun 2004 16:21:09 -0700, (germ) wrote:

I moved this year and the new house had a poor lawn. I have much
improved it but I am having grub problems. I have tried 3 of the
products now in the stores: season lawn control, triacide?, and sevin.
None have worked, peel up a patch of sod and I still see live grubs
each time!

The Bayer product that contains imidacloprid works well. Can use it
anytime during the growing season when other products (diazinon,
sevin, whatever-thrin) are best used at key times to be effective.
Should be able to find it at the Home Depot/Lowes type stores. But
also, the large grubs you are seeing now are not doing the damage to
your lawn..they are coming up to pupate to turn in to the beetle that
is seen flying about at night. No matter what you use there is a good
chance of seeing live ones this time of year that don't seem to be
effected.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.