Old 30-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Gypsum Improving terrible soil in a lawn?

Gypsum - that's the ticket !!

"Srgnt Bilko" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
I have a section of lawn in a shady area that seems to have become too
miserable to keep grass growing thickly. The grass is sparse. Applying
fertilizer and grass seed does not seem to have much effect. It is
clay soil and well packed. I don't know if I need to apply something
or simply give up and rototill in a load of horse manure? Any
semi-expert opinions? Thanks.

There is a "clay buster" avaailable but the name is not coming to me right
now. Somebody will come up with it - it's a common solution - and

availble
at most garden centers around here.