Old 30-06-2004, 05:03 AM
John Watson

Default Bush and his religion?

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article Dh4Ec.195489$Ly.75907@attbi_s01, John Watson
wrote:

Oh, I see, the bible only means what it says when probably interperted by
Christian! Yeah right!

If the best you can do is deny that a parable is a parable in order
to promote your bigotry, I suggest you take your irrational hatred
elsewhere.

Yeah right! It has been noted that you deleted all of the bible quotes that
you couldn't explain away as "parables".

Typical Christian trait, be dishonest and hope that you don't get caught at
it. G

I have no hatred, just don't want people like you preaching a bunch of
nonsense to the uninformed.

Thomas Jefferson and I happen to agree on religious beliefs.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who
believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."

-Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782)

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme
being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable
of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that
the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do
away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and
genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one
he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful
that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have
been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to
them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what
parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence
that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other
parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate
those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

John