Old 30-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Peter Pan.

Default Hi there.

"John Watson" wrote in message
news:31lEc.489$%_6.185@attbi_s01...

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"John Watson" wrote:

-snip-
Nope, you won't need those lights, fluorescents will work, unless what

you
are trying to grow is marijuana! ;-0

They'll work with that, too. [so I've heard.g] What I also
'heard' was that closing the whole box in might work to keep things
out of sight, but the unmistakable smell will escape no matter what
you do.

Aha, spoken like a man with vast "growing" experience! ;-)

John

For growing great, healthy looking, but not all that great tasting,
tomatoes, I've added a 60watt incandescent to a pair of 4'
flourescents in a 6' grow box. [I used shoplights- which go for about
$10 USD- & whatever bulbs were in them]

I heated mine from the bottom with an old waterbed heater under a 3-4"
sand bed.

Jim

Hhm.. Well, I don't suppose anyone has experiences in growing pot without
having to go through the expense of buying hid lighting?
Suppose I could buy a kit and put it together..