Old 30-06-2004, 07:02 AM
gary davis

Default Organic slug killer

On 6/21/04 6:16 AM, in article
, "Ginny Sher"
wrote:

(Beth Pierce) wrote in message
. com...
Phisherman wrote in message news:
Iron phosphate. It's good for plants, bad for slugs. I believe the
product "Sluggo" has iron phosphate.

Thank you very much. I'll look into the iron phosphate.

Also, a solution of 15% amonia and 85% water in a spray bottle kills
them and doesn't hurt the plants.

Ginny

In spite of the problems slugs cause to our vegetables they actually do a
good service. They turn plants into food for plants. I think they prefer old
dead stuff. They also eat dog and/or coyote poop...
The key is to put them were they will do the most good....take them to the
local bush.
My grand daughter was very excited to find one. The slug was moving ever so
slowly with it's antennae fully extended. It was a sight to behold. Well,
actually two sights 1. My grand daughter's enthusiasm and 2. The slug.
It was an interesting experience. I now take 'my' slugs to 'higher
ground'...the bush.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada