Old 30-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Karen Mullen

Default observations in changes in the pond(s)

In article ,
EROSPAM (Ka30P) writes:

Okay, amend that.
(sigh - kids are out of school, mom isn't working and I still have to get up
at
6am to get youngest to conditioning... more coffee needed)

I hear that, my grandson will be a year next month, early morning rising is now
part of the routine again.

You probably will *not* see them for awhile. They tend to swim off and find
the
side of the pond or a pot and stay there using up their yolk sack. They will
change to froglets by fall. Or they will winter over in the pond. All depends
on how they feel about Ohio winters.

Are frogs territorial? Will I be drowning in frogs or will they move on to
other locals (like the town creek just down the way)? I've never had frogs
before and they are a real kick to watch. I can usually come up behind them
and scoop them into my hand and they'll look at me like "what do you think
you're doing!" and either jump or just sit there til I put them back where they
were. I do believe I also have a bullfrog resident. But still not sure.

Right now I have 6 lilies about to burst into flower, can't wait.

Karen

Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html