Old 30-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Reka

Default The Feline Attack

"betsyb" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
. net...

I arrived home earlier today to the orchid laying on it's side on top of
it's pot, with some roots that were ripped off the plant. I immediately
cleaned out the roots to see the extent of the damage. I'd say 25% of the
root system is gone, some of the leaves have chewing marks on them.
I repotted the orchid immediately and I'm wondering what else I can do to
help the orchid survive such hostile friendship?

What can I do to discourage the cat from going after the plants?

Mariana
Who really dislikes cats, but this was just too cute ....

Remember the old metal bandaid boxes? A penny inside startles kittens when
they are getting ready to explore where they shouldn't be. Works
immediately. Any metal can will do. An old coffee can would suffice.

Also a mousetrap under a layer of newspaper on windowsills, etc. It scares them but won't hurt them. Good against dogs getting up
on the couch, too!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html