Old 30-06-2004, 12:09 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Too late to severely cut back budlea davidii??

In message , Rebecca
writes

I had some great advice form this group pruning my semi fallen
budlea earlier this year. I took the risk and cut it back to 1ft and
it has now sprouted new growth like a weed and looks great. (I still
find it hard to believe that I dont kill everything I touch in the
garden - Im new to this gardening lark).

I have a couple more which look tall and straggly and after such a
success I know want to know if it is too late too cut these others
right back?

I'm sure you won't kill it by cutting it back hard if you need to but
(goes out to look at b~ d~ in garden) you may reduce it's flowering this
year (though I can't see any buds forming on mine yet .

--
dave @ stejonda
Bring culture back to NTL.