Old 30-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Jenny

Default Renovating Wild Black Raspberries?

There is a big stand of wild black raspberries in a clearing behind our new
home. Only a very few have fruit and it is tiny.

What would be the best way to get them to bear next year? I'm assuming I
should cut back the canes at the end of the year. Is there anything else
that would help?

Also, is there any way to encourage larger fruit or is the smallness because
they are wild.

BTW, these really are black raspberries, which leave the core on the plant
when picked, not blackberries which come away with the core.

-- Jenny - Low Carbing for 4 years. At goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes,
hba1c 5.7 .
Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!

Low carb facts and figures, my weight-loss photos, tips, recipes,
strategies for dealing with diabetes and more at
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm