Old 30-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Karen

Default Gas Grills -- No longer use briquets ??

"James Nipper" wrote in message ...
I went shopping this week to replace my old gas grill. For many years, I
used a gas grill from Sears (small grill, low-cost) that used briquets that
heated up and helped with the cooking.

Now, I can't find any grills that use briquets !! They seemed to have been
replaced by a "vaporizer" , instead of briquets.

How does a vaporizer take the place of the briquets, or is this just a
cheaper way for manufacturers to make a gas grill ?

It's not cheaper or more expensive to use vaporizer to replace the
briquets.

It's not better or worse than birquets.

The vaporizer distribute the heat more evenly in the whole cooking
area. If you put a burger, hot dog or a troll on the vaporizer grill,
the whole body of the troll will be burned evenly. While on the
briquets grill, some part of the troll will get burned, some part will
get simmered and some will get flamed. It depends on your cooking
style and taste, you may or may not like the vaporizer.