Old 30-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Mary

Default Gas Grills -- No longer use briquets ??

Richard J Kinch wrote in message ...
James Nipper writes:

For many years, I
used a gas grill from Sears (small grill, low-cost) that used
briquets that heated up and helped with the cooking.

Briquets were baloney to make people think a gas grill would work like a
charcoal broiler. The temperatures, radiation, and distribution are quite
different. Probably a health hazard to be putting all those particulates
of silica and alumina from "lava" rocks into your lungs, besides. Good
riddance.

I can't say I miss the lava rocks either. We just replaced our old
model and love it without!

Mary