Old 30-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Bonnie

Default observations in changes in the pond(s)

Ka30P wrote:
Karen wrote Are frogs territorial?

Good question. I'm not sure about all frogs but bullfrogs sure are. One year I
had several males in a 3,000 pond and they would make this clicking noise and
jump towards each other. One ponder on another board said she actually had them
wrestling each other like Sumo wrestlers.

kathy :-)
algae primer

I know even the young bullfrogs will have face-off contests.
They will sit nose to nose for long periods. I'm sure if
they were not of similar size one would disappear in short
order! So far, they seem to tolerate each other at a
distance, some are in the veggie filter, some the lower pond
and then in the frog pond. They do talk to each other ;-).

--
Bonnie
NJ