Old 30-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Travis

Default Renovating Wild Black Raspberries?

Jenny wrote:
There is a big stand of wild black raspberries in a clearing behind our new
home. Only a very few have fruit and it is tiny.

What would be the best way to get them to bear next year? I'm assuming I
should cut back the canes at the end of the year. Is there anything else
that would help?

Also, is there any way to encourage larger fruit or is the smallness because
they are wild.

I have some of those but we call them black caps. Mine are in my yard
near a climbing rose so they get summer water that they wouldn't
otherwise and there are many berries and they are bigger than the
would normally be.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington