Old 30-06-2004, 07:05 PM
stricks760

Default Pond Lights?

There were some posts here last fall about using 12 Volt LED's (from, Newark
Electronics). I tried it -- made a few lights -- they run off 12 VDC, draw
only a few Watts - and are very bright when grouped together in 4's.

You need to wire them together and pot them in waterproof epoxy.

You can get the LED's in white, yellow, green, blue, red. Blue, green and
white look the best to me. I still need to identify a good potting epoxy
though, the stuff I used for the prototype wasn't too user friendly.

"Bob" wrote in message
. net...
Anyone have any ideas for some homemade submersible pond lights? I

remember
someone posting about using automotive headlamps, but they are a real draw
on the power transformer as they run about 55 watts if I recall correctly.
Any ideas?

Bob