Old 30-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Rod

Default Soil Tested

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:48:59 +0100, "Ben Blackmore"
wrote:

Hopefully I can get some manure from a local farmer, and I've started making
my own compost from grass clippings and kitchen waste (tea bags, coffee,
carrott peel etc) seems to be composting ok! I have also been adding brought
compost and peat moss in quite large amounts as well. Hopefully I can turn
my mound of clay into some workable soil that is also fertile.

With that high pH, that sounds like a marl - you should be able to
grow some super stuff in that, just keep adding all the organic
material you can get, mainly to improve the structure and make it
manageable.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply